Subscribe to INFO-Mantra and get Daily Email Updates

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Lost your Indian Driving License :: How to get Driving License reissued

Have you ever lose your drives license, if not then very good but if u have then you are among those who have lost it. For example ME- I’ve lost my Drivers License twice, I know this does not say anything about me being responsible but it has happened and I’m not very proud about. Well first time I lost my license it was in my wallet, which I dropped somewhere lost the whole thing. And the second time when I lost my License was well a really stupid and careless mistake on my part. To cut the long story short I lost it at the airport where I show my License as a photo ID proof at the airlines check in counter .

Well now as it lost and I can’t find it anywhere, I’ll need to apply fro a new one, and it’s going to be a hassles.

Getting a reissued license is not difficult if you know what you need to do and if have patience to deal with the government agencies like the police and the RTO.


STEP 1>> First thing you have to do is to file an lost report to a police station near to the place you lost your license.
STEP 2>> You need to goto the Regional Transport Office (RTO) from where your license was originally issued, in my case it would be East Delhi RTO and submit a copy of the Lost Report and a form LLD.

Once the authorities have verifies all the details from their records, a duplicate license will be issued to you, the valid period will be same as the previous license.

I will also advice you to keep a photocopy of the original license or at least all the particulars of the license such license no. etc, this will help the issuing authority to locate your particulars from their records.

==============
Thanks to Shubhra for sharing this information with us.

38 comments:

  1. THANKS IT REALLY HELPED

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks & how much time does it take to get the license?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My DL was issued from Calcutta and now I am based out of Bangalore. How do I get a duplicate one?

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have to get the license in kolkata.
    but there is a catch. you have to file the complaint in bangalore police station and get a the report from them. next submit it in calcutta.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have neither the photocopy nor the license number. what do i do now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. then u better pray to god

      Delete
    2. Just go and apply for new license

      Delete
  6. What is form LLD?

    ReplyDelete
  7. i lost my license 6 month back n i havnt reported to police...should i report now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes you can, but don't tell them that you lost it 6 months back.
      just lie...

      Delete
  8. Once the new license is issued, Is there any way to distinguish the one u lost from the one that's been reissued to you???

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am in US now and I have lost my indian license can i get without travelling back to India? Can my mom go and get it for me with my previous license 's photo copy and license no ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you will need to sign a form and send it back. Someone needs to be at the address to receive it.

      Delete
  10. my licence was washed with cloths, should i report to police station.

    ReplyDelete
  11. my indian driving licence was washed, i have three question?
    1. Should i report to police.
    2. how to make duplicate licence by online.
    3. how to transfer D.L from rajasthan to Noida

    ReplyDelete
  12. lost or found something anywhere in India..

    Just log on to.. http://lostyafound.in/

    Ab complaint nahi login kar

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have lost my indian driving license but have my botswana driving license. I dont know my indian driving license number but got it from mumbai rto. How will i get my license back? I am an nri want to visit india n drive

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have lost my indian driving license but have my botswana driving license. I dont know my indian driving license number but got it from mumbai rto. How will i get my license back? I am an nri want to visit india n drive

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have lost my DL,however i have a duplicate copy of my DL, do i still need to report?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just have my learners license and have lost my driver's license plus the photocopies. What do i do?

    ReplyDelete
  17. What if my learner licence is lost
    But i have a photocopy of it
    It will work the same??

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, I lost my INDIAN driving license in USA. So how can I get it from as I'm here. ? Could you please suggest

    ReplyDelete
  19. Can I file a complaint at a police station in a different state?

    ReplyDelete
  20. my original DL HOW TO APPLY NEW DUPLICATE

    ReplyDelete
  21. My DL lost , and i am not know my DL Number how to get Duplicate DL in Madhya pradesh

    ReplyDelete
  22. dear i also lost my driving license but i don't have the photocopy or license no so in this condition what should i do for a duplicate license.

    ReplyDelete
  23. We are a team of professionals with many years of experience in Manufacturing forged buy drivers license and other documents, Producers of fake documents.Buy ORIGINAL driving license USA

    Contact Us
    E-mail US via
    contact@buydocsonline.com
    Website:www.buydocsonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. this is very informative and intersting for those who are interested in blogging field.
    Buy ORIGINAL driving license USA

    CONTACT US
    Whatsapp: +86 170 7928 5035

    Skype: fandena.fandena

    Email: globallinksdcmt@gmail.com

    Website: http://buyfakepassportandidcards.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Impressive!Thanks for the post

    Kindly Visit Us - Buy ORIGINAL driving license USA

    CONTACT US

    Skype: fandena.fandena

    Email:globallinksdcmt@gmail.com

    Whatsapp: +86 170 7928 5035

    ADDRESS

    No.29, Yu Dao Street,

    Nanjing 210016,

    China

    Website:http://buyfakepassportandidcards.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. very nice… i really like your blog…

    Buy ORIGINAL driving license USA

    Contact Us
    Address: ADDRESS
    No.29, Yu Dao Street,

    Nanjing 210016,

    China

    Whatsapp: +86 170 7928 5035

    Skype: fandena.fandena

    Email: globallinksdcmt@gmail.com

    Website:http://buyfakepassportandidcards.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Buy ORIGINAL driving license USA, Buy Quality Biometric Passports canada, Buy Quality Biometric Passports USA, Buy Quality Biometric UK Passport from reliable resource legitdocument at reasonable price.
    Buy ORIGINAL driving license USA

    Contact

    4870 Cass Ave
    Detroit, MI, United States

    legitdocument@gmail.com

    On Skype : Brenda.linx

    Website: https://legitdocument.com/

    ReplyDelete